WAB 2.0 in Sutton-in-Ashfield




Well, it's been since I posted on here.  A new job has been taking up my time - that's my excuse!


Photo courtesy of John Kersey
Two Saturdays ago, I went to spectate at a WAB 2.0 event held at Sanctuary Gaming in Sutton-in-Ashfield.  And I'm glad I went!  It's a great venue; plenty of space between the many tables and coffee and cakes on sale (always a good incentive for me!).










Two Carthaginian armies collide



Also, fellow "Old Berks" player, John Kersey, was there with his newly-painted Palmyran army (so fresh that you could smell the paint!), complete with Queen Zenobia.  It was good to meet some more WAB players and to watch some interesting games unfolding.  Thanks for the welcome!  I'm even tempted to play some 2nd Edition now, although I do still want to use 1.5 too.  I love the supplements!


Nicely-painted Thracians.

Seleucid vs. Palmyran.

I quote directly from John: 

'When you write the history of the brave Palmyrene struggle against the Seleucids make the point they bravely attempted to wrong step them with a bold strategy by avoiding their strong left and turning their right but unluckily got caught in a trap by the collapse of their left flank!'


John looking pensive.

View from Paul's (Seleucid) side.

Crunch time for the cataphracts.

John's (Palmyran) centre engages.

Two Carthaginian armies collide


A really interesting day out.  Can't help thinking how my forthcoming Mauryan Indian army would have fared.  Only 86 figures and 6 chariots to go!


Copyright

Please note: 
All images and text are copyright Andrew Moran and must not be reproduced in any form without the author's express permission. Thank you.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scenery - The Inn of the Prancing Peltast

Chaeronea 338 BC - Macedonians vs Thebans and Allies

Straw Dogs & Flaming Bulls