Scenery - The Inn of the Prancing Peltast

Further to it's first appearance on the battlefield during our most recent battle (it was placed behind the Greek lines once the troops had moved forward enough), here are soon more photos of the recently-painted inn (or kapeleion). 


I had a lot of pleasure painting and basing this resin model.  I've had it at least 10-15 years, I think.  In fact, I may have bought it with Peninsular Wargaming in mind!



Here's the inn sign - proof that it's a 'Prancing Peltast'!



And here are the neighbouring vineyard and olive grove (more olive trees on order).




Greek light cavalry hurry past the inn.


Athenian hoplites take up position in front of the inn.






There's a small barley/wheat field to follow in the future.  I am determined that the inn will be a self-sufficient business!


Copyright

Please note: 
All images and text are copyright Andrew Moran and must not be reproduced in any form without the author's express permission. Thank you.


Comments

  1. Good to see the inn again. I'm impressed they are going for locally-sourced produce and I'm sure the organic wines and craft beers will bring in a more upmarket clientele. It's also remarkable that the model wouldn't be out of place - 2000 years later - in a Peninsula game, always a temptation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve. Yes, I think the building could be usable in a number of different eras. I've tasted their wine. It's not good! It needs work ;-D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chaeronea 338 BC - Macedonians vs Thebans and Allies

Straw Dogs & Flaming Bulls