Chandragupta!

Time to start on a new army.  After a lot of debate (with myself!), I settled on an Ancient Indian one.  My thinking is that if I paint up 3 or 4 core infantry units, then I can look to add units so that I can field a Mauryan Indian (see the list in the WAB Alexander the Great supplement), Indo-Skythian/Parthian, or Kushan (assuming I can find decent army lists).  I have to confess, my personal preference is chariots (the heavier the better!) over elephants.  However, both will be on my Christmas list.

I spent several weeks looking at different manufacturers' Indians.  Some figures were tucked away in other ranges.  I sent for  a few samples and was disappointed with the size of some 28/25mms (i.e. too small).  I've now settled on the Newline figures.  Although not so dynamic in their poses and a little 'thinner' than my Essex and Foundry Greeks (in case I ever want to go full Bactrian!), they are not bad height-wise and I really like the sculpting.


So, work-in-progress.  Here are the first few samples that I order from Newline.  Basic colours - more detail to follow, but I like how they are shaping up.  Some artistic licence but what the heck, eh?

Great service from Sean at Newline Designs, by the way; offering to tweak the unit packs so that I get exactly what I need.  Many thanks!


Copyright

Please note: 
All images and text are copyright Andrew Moran and must not be reproduced in any form without the author's express permission. Thank you.


Comments

  1. A great company Newline and often forgotten about when it comes to 28’s. So Indians next? I have a large and still growing 15mm Indian army and mighty impressive they look so in 28mm they will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s what I’m hoping, Graham - that they’ll overawe my opponent with their prettiness! 😆

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chaeronea 338 BC - Macedonians vs Thebans and Allies

Scenery - The Inn of the Prancing Peltast

Straw Dogs & Flaming Bulls